Wednesday, October 7, 2009

When You Know Your Blog Sucks

There comes a time for every blog writer (...you know, a blogger) when he or she comes to a fork in the road of their blog writing career. The fork represents not so much a choice in the blogger, but rather the fate of the blog. So I guess the blog comes to a fork in the road (whatever). Anywho, this fork isn't three pronged like every fork I've ever seen (which still confuses me why a "fork in the road", simply splits two ways, left and right, and not three, left, right and straight, but thats for another post that no one will read all together. I mean shouldn't it be like "when you come to the prong in the road" etc etc) I'm getting sidetracked. So the blog comes to a fork in the road (this isn't the start of joke, well not unless you consider this blog one). So two tracks for the blog, a ton of followers and awesomeness or a few paragraphs sitting by themselves in some corner of the internet no one knows exists. This blog is aiming for the latter.

Ok, so here are a few key ways to know for a fact that your blog suuuuuucks.

a) No pictures or videos (check)
b)You have one commenter (thanks mom!)
c) Said commenter doesn't even have your url and or blog saved as a favorite (thanks again mom!)

Today a conversation with my biggest fan and sole commenter occurred via text and went a little something like this:

Me: Ps...new blog post
Mom: What's the URL (Ed. Note: She has read all (3) of the posts, so yeah, she's seen it, maybe she's just forgetting on purpose)
Me: Jesus mom, u think u would have it saved
Mom: I know that u think that all i do all day is ruminate about u and your doings but i don't
Me:Hahaha, but I would think when ur only son makes something u seem to enjoy u would atleast do like 2 key strokes and save it
Mom:Hey, I've saved every piece of crap you've ever made. What's the URL? I'll save it this time (Ed. Note: I think she basically inferred that I make a lot of crap, and she's saved it, and this blog is so bad she won't save it, ipso facto, its worse than crap)
Me: Hahahahahha....drivingwithelephants.blogspot.com

Ps...this is so getting blogged about
Mom: Good. Be sure to mention my company name (Ed Note:*cough*Hurley Write Inc*cough*)

e) tons of support from your fans, by like remembering your blog name and all that
d) the only follower of your blog is yourself
e) less than 20 views (most by myself I'm sure)
f) sympathy comments due to a post about how your blog doesn't get any views

I'm boxing out a nice little corner of the unknown internet for myself

3 comments:

  1. now that i am following you - does this ruin your post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know you had a blog until today. I recommend you handing out some give aways to inform friends and family of your blog. OR you could include it on your signature block! Just some food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. let's find some dude followers! you are a chick magnet mj!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete